[Help] DMNCMS Error characters

Robert

Reaction score
Hello, i use dmncms, muemu files and sql 2008 and i gave this error for : characters,

Code:
================================================================================
SELECT TOP 10 c.AccountId, c.Name, c.cLevel, c.Class, c.MapNumber, c.Ctlcode , a.GameIDC, m.IP,  m.ConnectStat, ml.mLevel, r.resets, g.grand_resets FROM Character AS c  FULL JOIN AccountCharacter AS a ON (c.Name Collate Database_Default = a.GameIDC Collate Database_Default) FULL JOIN [MuOnline].dbo.[MEMB_STAT] AS m ON(c.AccountId Collate Database_Default = m.memb___id Collate Database_Default) INNER JOIN Character AS ml ON (c.Name Collate Database_Default = ml.Name Collate Database_Default) INNER JOIN Character AS r ON (c.Name Collate Database_Default = r.Name Collate Database_Default) INNER JOIN Character AS g ON (c.Name Collate Database_Default = g.Name Collate Database_Default) WHERE  c.Ctlcode NOT IN (8,16,32) AND c.Name NOT IN ('Robert') GROUP BY c.AccountId, c.Name, c.cLevel, c.Class, c.MapNumber, c.Ctlcode , a.GameIDC, m.IP,  m.ConnectStat, ml.mLevel, r.resets, g.grand_resets ORDER BY  g.grand_resets DESC, r.resets DESC, ml.mLevel DESC,c.cLevel DESC
================================================================================
Invalid column name 'mLevel'.

Any know hou to fix?

I find this:

Code:
ALTER TABLE [dbo].[Character]
ADD [mLevel] int NOT NULL DEFAULT(0)

If this is the solution, I don't understand how..

Last edited:

pafa7a

Reaction score
I think that the solution that you found will work. The problem is that it tries to get the data stored in the "mLevel" field from the "Character" table, but seems like your database doesn't have such a field. With the ALTER query that you provided, you will create such a field that will be mandatory with default value 0

chichoDqdko

Reaction score
I think that the solution that you found will work. The problem is that it tries to get the data stored in the "mLevel" field from the "Character" table, but seems like your database doesn't have such a field. With the ALTER query that you provided, you will create such a field that will be mandatory with default value 0

That is precisely what it is!

Although I would call it a column rather than a field, when we call a column a field, it is from the ORM modelling point of view, whereas here, it only regards DB. From DB stands point of view, a column may contain multiple fields. The cell intersection of the row with the column is called a field.

• Love
Reactions: Dea7h and pafa7a

Robert

Reaction score
Thank you for your time!
Should I change the database with the original one? And reinstall dmncms?

pafa7a

Reaction score
I don't think it's necesarry to change the whole database, because there is a chance that this column is missing in the original database as well :D Usually this column (mLevel) stands for "Master level", which keeps track of player's master level (when you pass the 3rd quest of a character, after level 400 you start collecting master points based on your master level). This is true for all Season 3 Episode 1 files onwards (including s3e1). If you have a s3e1 + version, most probably you already have such a column, but could be named differently. For example it could be "MasterLevel" instead of "mLevel". Please review your "Character" table in the database and try to find the column name for this purpose. If you are using an older version, then most probably there is no such a thing as Master Level, because there is no 3rd quest in the older files. In that case, I don't think that adding the mLevel column is the best option, because it will always stay with it's default value "0", because the files will never update it's value. If that is the case - I'd rather modify the SELECT query that you provided and remove the "mLevel" stuff instead of adding such a column

Last edited: