[Help] Question for server owners.

Damsen

Reaction score
Where can i download the server & client files of a fresh unmodded vanilla version of the different Seasons of Global MU Online? I looked at this site and found nothing other than modified builds with different UI and changes that stray away from what it was back in the day. I'd be glad if any of you could upload them for me, i'm only interested in versions between 99-S1-S2 and S3.

Thanks in advance. :)

Reactions: djagripnos

lubo55

DTeam™
Reaction score
Where can i download the server & client files of a fresh unmodded vanilla version of the different Seasons of Global MU Online? I looked at this site and found nothing other than modified builds with different UI and changes that stray away from what it was back in the day. I'd be glad if any of you could upload them for me, i'm only interested in versions between 99-S1-S2 and S3.

Thanks in advance. :)
What vanilla version means? If you want use unmodded files, you need to be ready for many bugs.

Damsen

Reaction score
What vanilla version means? If you want use unmodded files, you need to be ready for many bugs.
Vanilla means unmodded, the original game's experience. But i wouldn't mind a fixed version of this.

r00tme

Reaction score
@Damsen, excuse me if I am not correct but Webzen as far as I know has never released any MuOnline source code officially. There have been some leaks back in the days and all of them been modified by now in one way or another. I don't really think you can ever find an "original" source. From another hand it's hard if not impossible to distinguish what is added to certain files since you have never seen an original, right? Unless you have been around since the very beginning and worked with those files is simply impossible to know. To be able to have an "unmodified" server you need an "unmodified" (whatever that means) source and be able to compile it (which will most likely be not possible if the files are original). Then you need an "unmodified" client which again needs to be compiled around 15 years after the source is out there.

Simply put.. original files do not exist, modified exists.

For source files, you can try here http://seeitworks.com/ or https://github.com/Natzugen?tab=repositories.

Reactions: pkforfun

delarefe

Reaction score
IIRC back in 2007, or something like that, CzF released the first bugless S1 files from leaked server source. I'm probably wrong on the details, but the point is that those were first 100 bugless files and exactly as they are on GMO without any addons. IDK where to find them now though - its been so long that all links are dead.