[Guide] MonsterSetBase Configuration

Life

Reaction score
Monster Set Base Config
- Guide -

Download Monster and NPC Codes from Gamefront

Hey everyone The last 2 past years I have always noticed in the MuOnline community that many people do not know how to properly place monsters and NPCs the way they want to and instead search ready made MonsterSetBases.I used to do that too but the last server I had I made it from 100% scratch,custom. So lets get started :
1.NPC
Lets see how we place an NPC.They are placed one by one unlike big monster spots.Lets take this example :

241 0 0 130 137 3 // Guild Master

241 is the code for the Guild Master.Each Monster and NPC have a similiar code which is always placed first.For example,if you wanted to place Lahap(he is a npc) at the same position(coords) instead of the Guild Master you wouldn't put 241,you would put 256(its Lahap's code).
0 is the map number.Each map has a different number.Lets have some examples:
0 = Lorencia
1 = Dungeon
2 = Devias
3 = Noria
4 = Lost Tower
And so on.Therefore if you changed map number to 2 for example,the Guild Master would appear in Devias instead of Lorencia at the same coords(130 137)
0 here is the movement range.The only NPC able to move in standard Mu Online files is the Guard.So therefore for all other NPCs put 0 in movement range.This topic will be explained more in the 2nd part with monsters.
130 137 are the coordinates on the map.On your main screen ingame when you are playing the coordinates are written on the bottom left.Each spot on the map has a coordinate,x for horizontal and y for vertical.Get the proper coordinates to place NPCs properly.
3..the devil of the devils...so many people don't know what it represents and yet it is so vital for NPC placement.This number represents the direction your NPC will face.3 here means your Guild Master will face downards to the right.
1 = Downwards to the left
2 = Straight downwards
3 = Downwards to the right
4 = Straight right
5 = Upwards to the right
6 = Straight upwards
7 = Upwards to the left
Its all in an anti clockwise movement from 0 to 7
// GuildMaster is optional (recommended) as it makes it easier to analyse and modify your MonsterSetBase(MS.
2.Monsters
This is where things get pretty sweet and serious.Lets get started straight away :
Group Monster Placements
3 0 10 183 126 184 128 -1 15 // Spider

3 is yet again the monster code.3 is for the spiders.If you wanted,for example,to place a Kundun Demon instead you would put 275 instead of 3.
Yet again the map number.The codes for different map numbers are located in the NPC section above.
The movement range.This is where it gets important.The movement range decides how far monsters can move from the place where they are spawned from(which are the coordinates,in this case 183 126 and 184 128).Here is is 10.They can move 10 x and 10y axis from the coordinates,which isn't much.Therefore for a tight spot for fast leveling I recommend you use 10 or 5(10 better).For monsters to fairly move around I recommend 20.If you want monsters to move a lot so that they fill up well a map so that no spaces are left empty I recommend 30.
Coordinate #1 : This is the first coordinate for your 15 spiders.In this mode you need 2 different coordinates.Here they are 183 126(183= x axis ; 126 = y axis)
Coordinate #2 : The second coordinates.
-1 means you enable them to move.You need to keep -1 here so that they don't stay stuck on the coordinates from which they spawn.If you put 0 for example,they won't move and item drops will fall on top of eachother.So -1 is a very important factor for good monster spots.
15 is the number of spiders that will spawn from each coordinate.Therefore there will be 15 spiders at 183 126 and 15 other spiders at 184 128

Single Monster Placements
Here its to place 1 single monster at a specific coordinate(spot).It is slightly different from the group monster placement but more simple to make :

300 8 10 22 206 -1 // Exe Mutant

300 is the monster code for the Exe Mutant
8 is the map number for Tarcan
10 is the movement range.Since 10 is rather small this means this monster is placed for a rather tight spot for faster leveling up.(Remember,this is only one monster).
22 206 are the coordinates where the Exe Mutant will spawn from(appear).22 is the x axis and 206 is the y axis.
-1 here again,means you enable him to move around in his movement range of 10 .Remember,its important to always have -1 and not 0.