[Release] LockSystem - Anti DoS

Angerfist

Reaction score
If your wondering what "DoS" is, well it's a type of web server attack.
In the shortest terms possible, when someone launches a DoS (Denial of Service) attack against your website, they are sending a shit load of packets. Thus your apache server will crash making your website unvisitable(until apache is restarted). It also takes up a lot of bandwidth, so those servers who have a rented dedi most likely don't have unlimited bandwidth!
So i developed this system that HELPS protect against it but does NOT block it (i couldn't code the firewall!).
Here's how it works,
each time you load the page, your ip and your request time (the value of time() ) is logged into the database,
then, on your second load a script will check your last request time (for example 119843934) and if it is the same as the current time then your warnings will go up by one. Once the maximum warnings have been reached, you shall be banned from the website and a text message will be dispatched to the owner.
It is recommended to run the following query somewhat often(if you get more than 1k visits an hour).
Code:

delete from locksystem where warnings =0

If needed, just ask and i will code a function to automatically clear the database of non-banned ip's every 10 minutes.
Please ask me before releasing modifications!
Things to do:
send the ip to a firewall to block it from all ports (0%)- if you can help me please message me somehow
--------------------------------------------------------
Installation is simple:
1.make a database called locksystem in enterprise manager
2.run the query (tables.sql) in your query analyzer on the Locksystem database
3.Edit locksystem.php so that it can establish a connection to the locksystem database
NOTE: it is recommended to leave 127.0.0.1 as the only admin ip, because localhost has no wait time.
$admin_ips=array("127.0.0.1","Want another one?","how about another?");
4.Your system is all set and ready to go!
------------------------------------------------------
Comments or suggestions please?
-------------------------------------------------
Lock System v1.2
Updates:
Admin System
:]
default login is
Admin for the username and Admin for the password
you can look at banned people, all logs, clear logs, clear the un banned people, and search for an ip!
-------------------------------
v1.3
New layout

Attachments

• LockSystem v.1.3 MSSQL.rar
    63.2 KB · Views: 71