[Guide] Fix Widescreen: Main 97D+99i

m4w94pke

Reaction score
Need: Ollydbg and Main 97D+99i Unpacked.

1. Open Main in Ollydbg.

2. Right click > Search for > "all referenced text strings".

3. Find "Resolution" and double click on it.

4. We will find below two values: 640 and 4B0 (Hex), we will modify these values. Offsets: 0041D893 and 0041D89D

5. Change the values to the resolution you want, the values must be in hexadecimal. Ex: 1366x768 (Decimal) = 556x300 (Hex)

640 > now 556, 4B0 > now 300.

6. Right click > copy to executable > all modifications > save file.

Start> Run > 'regedit'
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Webzen\Mu\Config"
and set Resolution and ResolutionA to 4.

Done.

Last edited:

darthan

Reaction score
Thank you for the guide but I can't find the values to change... here is a screenshot of ollydbg at the "Resolution" part, what should I edit here? I can't see 640 or 4B0.resolution.png

Reactions: m4w94pke

darthan

Reaction score
Hello, you will find on Offsets: 0041D893 and 0041D89D

View attachment 4787

Oh, great! I thought it was on first lines after "Resolution" and didn't see it :) it works!
But I noticed that widescreen resolutions makes all texts disappear, just like the font is gone or no text is written in the GUI... maybe it's a bug of my current main.exe?
Thank you so much! :)

EDIT: I managed to fix it! I had to hook Fonte.dll and it made the text come back in all resolutions!

Last edited:

Break House

Reaction score
i cant found "Resolution" in 2. Right click > Search for > "all referenced text strings".

darthan

Reaction score
@m4w94pke hey, I just made a custom hook to fix it automatically by reading the resolution from a config file and it seems to work just fine, but I'm currently trying to fix some little issues.
I noticed that in some cases the resolution thing makes the chat box disappear. If i type something in the chat and press enter I can see the chat log but not the "balloon" and not even the mouse over other players.
Maybe you already found this issue and managed to fix it?
Thank you so much! Also, I could realize a custom Minimizer for the new resolutions. I just need to fix some little things and set it all up.

m4w94pke

Reaction score
@darthan , I did not have this problem, I just had to create a custom minimizer for my new resolution.

darthan

Reaction score
@darthan , I did not have this problem, I just had to create a custom minimizer for my new resolution.

Can I ask you what main.exe are you using? Now I'm trying with the Ultimate Main Second Edition (97d+99) by ZergNM, I changed the resolution has you described and it seems to work fine but all the mouse "hover" events are not shown (e.g if I put the mouse over a player I can't see his name/guild)

SebaDrgn

Reaction score
Oh, great! I thought it was on first lines after "Resolution" and didn't see it :) it works!
But I noticed that widescreen resolutions makes all texts disappear, just like the font is gone or no text is written in the GUI... maybe it's a bug of my current main.exe?
Thank you so much! :)

EDIT: I managed to fix it! I had to hook Fonte.dll and it made the text come back in all resolutions!
hi, do you still have the dll? could you send it to me please?